You know, I’m good like that . . . Fortunately, easy-peasy – mix the dry ingredients together and add to the wet ingredients. Whisk, whisk and whisk. Steam in the steamer for 10 minutes and Voila!
It has such a very delicate crumb, moist, moist and moist (again) texture. And, they smell so good! Oh well, these have nothing to do with politic though. It’s likely to be a twist on the traditional kuih which is the only CAKE that my Ma used to bake for us. Yes, it is. But although I've never been a fan of green, I really like those flags waving on the air now (Opps!).
Moist Steamed Pandan Muffins
yield about 30 mini muffins
2 cups milk (I used evaporated milk)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups caster sugar
250 g flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Pandan flavoring*
Few drops green coloring
1. Heat a steamer on a medium heat and wrap the lid with a clean towel.
2. Sift B together in a medium size bowl and set aside.
3. Mix A in a big bowl and add B to the wet mixture. Whisk using a hand wire-whisker until well-combined.
4. Strain through a strainer for a smoother batter. Divide into 2 bowls.
5. Add flavoring and coloring to one of the bowl. And let the other one with plain color.
6. Pipe or scoop into your muffin cups, starting from the plain batter ¼ full and top with the green batter in each cup until ¾ full. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
7. Steam for about 7-10 minutes on a medium heat. Transfer to a wire rack and let to completely cool.
- *Add 2 tsp. of flavoring for the stronger smell and taste.
- If you don’t have muffin cups, you can use ungreased ‘acuan lompang’ or other small cake molds.
- You can also place a piece of aluminum foil under the steamer lid instead of wrapping it to avoid water drops.
- DON’T open the steamer lid while steaming but watch the muffins closely in the last few minutes so that they do not over brown like mine did!
© sweetytoothy. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe .