May 16, 2013

pink rose vanilla cupcakes in doilies wrappers

Happy Sunday! I decided on a whim a couple of weeks ago (yes, it takes me that long to go from food to post), that I’d bake something for myself after a quite long time. If you are really close with me, or read all through my previous post, or really want to know something about me; I’m so much devoted to pink like most of any other girls – from pajamas, tops, blankets, bags, hair combs, shampoos and to drinks and food, they have to be in pinks. Truthfully I am not that pink-crazy, but that just happened unconsciously (if you know what i mean).


I was actually making these as a reward for myself, through all those courage, scary accidents, tears, lack of sleeps along with efforts since last month (which that I can’t really believe that I could be a baker in real life :)).True, being a baker (home-baker to be precise) had never even crossed my mind, as well as a business person. I thought it is such a complicated job and thing to do. Why would you choose to do your own business when you have lot of jobs out there and get paid?  And you’re done — such an immature thinking, right? Never mind, I don’t want to create an issue if I have to say that building your own business is better than. . tett tettt!

The thing is, I still want to share my favorite cupcake recipe although it is just almost the same as the previous one.  White /vanilla cake batter tinted with pink color and topped with pink frosting – Pretty! One (or more things) that I had changed was, adding yogurt and less eggs in the batter, with no buttermilk and they came out so moist and delicate. I did learn something from that – using the real yogurt/sour cream leads to a truly moist and decadent cake rather than faking them. Trust me, it makes the difference!



I've got extra frosting lying around I want to use up, so I just went with it to top my pretty in pink cupcakes. So then I took out some from the fridge, sat down and practiced to make rose swirls...not bad huh? I have to say, that were my first rose swirls ever! Why wouldn't I be so happy? Pink? Rose? Vanilla cupcakes? I would cry for them! I've actually been wanting to make these for a long time ago but I was waiting to get my hands on Wilton 1M rose star tip (or any brands or even unbranded ones) for the perfect roses on my cakes. I've been dreaming of them, really, but I couldn't find them at the baking isle around here. I've even went to the baking suppliers stores out of my home-country, Yummie Bakery Bangi, Bagus BS Shah Alam, you name it, which are so well-known but they were told to be out of stock and since the tips are imported, it’s hard to have them back in stock in a short time – my baddd. I know, I know this tip I have on hand is also known as a rose tip (the supplier said), but still, I want the real one badly.


































I was not generous with my cupcakes this time, and I didn't even want to share with my sister or any other cake-eaters seriously, but, almost.  It’s not like I used to be a stingy person, but just because they were too pretty to be eaten and I didn't have the heart to eat them.


Even for the photography . . . I just didn't want to bite the rose ones, but luckily I had this one on purpose.



But then I had to force myself to eat her in the end, before anyone else did. Bite with tears.


I got a bit pink-happy with these (maybe because I didn't realize the frosting is already in dark pink) and next time I would use less for a softer pink, as I did in this cupcake version. You can just leave the cupcakes natural or play around with any colors you want, of course. Have fun!

Pink Rose Vanilla Cupcakes
yield 24 cupcakes

ingredients:

1 box white/vanilla cake mix or follow the instructions here to make the substitute.
2 eggs
1 cup yogurt (flavored or unflavored) or sour cream*
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. desired food coloring, optional.

method:

Preheat oven to 180 C. Line two 12-holes cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners. Set aside.

Combine all ingredients until incorporated (about 30 seconds). Scrapes sides of bowl and then
beat on medium-high speed for 20 minutes. Add food coloring and beat for few seconds.

Fill in the cupcake liners until 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Let to cool completely and frost with any frosting of your choice**.

Notes:

  • *I used Dutch Lady low-fat plain yogurt.  1 small container serves ½ cup, so you will need 2.
  • **If you are still clueless what frosting you would want to top your cupcakes, or even haven’t found your favorite one, I’d highly recommend this one. It’s my favorite so far and wins over Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMB) — personally!
  •  This recipe can be simply cut into ½ or ¼.
  •  You can also use this batter to make fabulous color burst/rainbow cupcakes like this one.
  •  For a whiter cake batter (to lighten up the color you've added in), you could substitute the whole eggs to just egg whites, but I’m not certain with the exact egg whites amounts you'll be needing.
  •  Good news for those who have pretty cupcakes obsession — I’ll be posting a tutorial on how to make these DIY doilies cupcake wrappers soon!
© sweetytoothy. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe .

No comments:

Post a Comment